Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wow, Excellent Waves...


Sunday mornin we're sittin around BSing about the night before when we saw the Chupacabras playin at the Backyard in Hermosa. I gotta quit dancin, too many injuries that affect my surfing career. Long story short, Cailin did not want to dance with me, but when the Salsa hero in me comes out, well one or two spins in, went for a dip and somebody almost got hurt, but luckily, just my knee, lesson learned, no mo dancin. Glad Cailin is alright too, many apologies today every time someone tells the story.


Any way, we're waitin for the tide to come in, I decide to DRIVE down and check the surf and it's goin off at LOW tide, never slowed down La Mula, just u-turned back to the Soda to get my board. So I parked in the handicap spot at Low Tide Lounge and hobbled out down the beach into some clean waves. Lot easier to paddle than walk, my first wave clean and nice, bout shoulder high, time to test the knee, did a one-leg pop up, put pressure on the knee, hey this is not so bad, little cut-back, no worries, I can surf my way thru this injury. Surfed bout 4 hours on Sunday including the evening sesh.


Welcome back Softboard Willy and Michelle, we missed you. I think Cailin won the World Domination Longboard contest. Cam blew a take-off on the set of the day. Low Tide Lounge offered the Soda Mary Team $3 burgers after the morning sesh and we killed it. Today's crew included: Lagarto, Cailin, Adam, Les, Ozzie (no leash almost killed Adam), Cam, Pat, Larry, Brian, Willy, Michelle, Adriana and Johnny shootin photos, will post those later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam,
Didn't know how else to track you down. Not around a phone. I have a friend in town that is interested in your Land Cruiser. Couple questions, how much do you think power steering would run? Do you have any pictures you could send me for her? She is here for the next week. She is looking seriously not just dicking around. My email is toddurham@yahoo.com. Try to call you soon when I get to a phone.

Adriana said...

Thanks Brett, for port my picture overthere! I feel famaous!! ajjaj, no for real, that was very nice form you, thanks again, Have a nice waves!!! nana